New York Sports 纽约体育运动

New York Sports 纽约体育运动

Warren: So, thanks for telling me about the ballet and all that kind of stuff, but I’m really more into sports and things like that. Do you know of any other things you can do in New York?

沃伦:谢谢你给我介绍芭蕾舞这一类的艺术,不过我更喜欢体育。你知道纽约还有什么活动吗?

Antoinette: Oh, absolutely. There are a lot of events for a sports enthusiast in New York. We’ve got basketball. The Knicks play. They’re an NBA team. We’ve got baseball. The Yankees and the Mets play, and there’s a feud. Yankees fans hate Mets fans and Mets fans hate Yankees fans.

安托万内特:哦,当然有了。纽约有很多供体育爱好者观看的赛事。我们有篮球队,纽约尼克斯队,这是一只美职篮球队。我们还有棒球队,纽约扬基队和纽约大都会队,这两支球队是老对手。扬基队球迷讨厌大都会队的球迷,而大都会队的球迷也讨厌扬基队的球迷。

Warren: Right. They have two baseball teams.

沃伦:好。纽约有两支棒球队。

Antoinette: That’s right.

安托万内特:没错。

Warren: Wow.

沃伦:哇哦。

Antoinette: Exciting. We even have a Subway Series. Well, it used to be a Subway Series because the teams would play different stadiums for about a week or so and the fans would just switch back and forth from one stadium to the other. But I think they recently built one stadium for both teams.

安托万内特:这非常激动人心。我们还有地铁大赛。以前纽约有地铁大赛,两支球队要在一周左右的时间在不同的体育馆进行比赛,球迷要在两队比赛的场馆之间来回移动。不过,我想他们为两支球队建造了一个体育馆。

Warren: Oh. Do you think one team is more popular than the other?

沃伦:哦。你认为一支球队比另一支球队更受欢迎吗?

Antoinette: I think probably the Yankees, unfortunately.

安托万内特:不幸的是,我认为扬基队更受欢迎。

Warren: The Yankees.

沃伦:扬基队。

Antoinette: Yeah. My family was a Mets fan and don’t tell anyone else in my family that I said that.

安托万内特:对。我家人是纽约大都会队的球迷,不要告诉我的家人,我刚才说扬基队更受欢迎。

Warren: Oh, so I guess, they don’t get along with each other?

沃伦:哦,我想他们之间相处得不好。

Antoinette: Oh, not at all.

安托万内特:一点也不好。

Warren: Oh well. Well, I’m from Canada. I really like hockey. I know that you guys have the Rangers.

沃伦:哦,我来自加拿大。我非常喜欢冰球。我知道你们有纽约游骑兵队。

Antoinette: Yeah. We do have the Rangers. They play at Madison Square Garden, so you could easily find, like, buy tickets to see a game there. That’s the same place where the Knicks play.

安托万内特:对。纽约游骑兵队。他们的主场在麦迪逊广场花园,你看,在纽约买票看比赛非常方便。那个场馆也是纽约尼克斯队的主场。

Warren: Oh, they both play at the same place?

沃伦:哦,他们都在同一个场馆打比赛?

Antoinette: Yes, they do.

安托万内特:对,没错。

Warren: Maybe, I could go to a basketball and a hockey game.

沃伦:也许,我可以去看一场篮球赛或是冰球赛。

Antoinette: You probably could if you stayed long enough. I think they have different seasons, right?

安托万内特:如果你旅行的时间够长,你可以看场比赛。我想不同球队的赛季不同,对吧?

Warren: Oh, do they?

沃伦:哦,是吗?

Antoinette: Yeah. Madison Square Garden is pretty big though, so maybe there’s more than one arena. I’m not sure. I’ve only been there two or three times in my life.

安托万内特:对。麦迪逊广场花园非常大,可能不只一个场馆。我也不清楚。我只去过两三次。

Warren: Oh, okay.

沃伦:哦,好。

Antoinette: Well, we also have the US Open, if you like tennis.

安托万内特:你喜欢网球吗?我们还有美国网球公开赛。

Warren: Right.

沃伦:好。

Antoinette: Yeah. That’s held in Queens, not on Manhattan.

安托万内特:嗯,美网在皇后区举办,不在曼哈顿。

Warren: Oh, okay. What about the US Tennis Open but there’s also the US Golf Open. Is that in New York as well?

沃伦:哦,好。除了美网以外,还有美国高尔夫公开赛。这个比赛也在纽约举办吗?

Antoinette: In New York? I don’t think the – is it?

安托万内特:在纽约吗?我不知道,是在纽约办吗?

Warren: I’m not sure.

沃伦:我也不确定。

Antoinette: I don’t think that the US Open for golf is in New York. I think – no, I don’t think that’s New York. Yeah. No.

安托万内特:我想美国高尔夫公开赛不在纽约举行。我想应该不是在纽约,不是。

Warren: Okay. Have you seen tennis before?

沃伦:好。你以前看过网球比赛吗?

Antoinette: Yes, I have. I saw Serena Williams play.

安托万内特:我看过。我看过塞雷娜·威廉姆斯的比赛。

Warren: Oh, she’s great.

沃伦:哦,她打得很好。

Antoinette: She is. Yeah. Powerful woman.

安托万内特:没错。她是很有力量的女性。

Warren: Yeah. I’d like to see her play.

沃伦:对。我想看她的比赛。

Antoinette: Yeah.

安托万内特:嗯。