Is Hong Kong a Shopping Paradise 香港是购物天堂吗

Is Hong Kong a Shopping Paradise 香港是购物天堂吗

Todd: Hi Adrienne, did you say that you mother lives in Hong Kong?

托德:埃德里安娜,你说过你妈妈生活在香港。

Adrienne: That’s right.

埃德里安娜:没错。

Todd: Wow. Why is she in Hong Kong ?

托德:哇。她为什么在香港生活

Adrienne: She’s there for work actually.

埃德里安娜:她在香港工作。

Todd: Oh, yeah. What does she do?

托德:哦,好。她从事什么工作?

Adrienne: It’s difficult to elucidate because i do not really know it myself but she works for an organization within the States and she’s on assignment in Hong Kong .

埃德里安娜:这很难解释,因为我自己也不太清楚,我知道她在一家美国公司工作,后来被委派去香港工作。

Todd: So what does your mother consider Hong Kong so far?

托德:你母亲认为香港怎么样?

Adrienne: Oh, she loves it. Of course, she misses being home together with her family, with all folks , but it’s quite adventure in fact to measure overseas and she or he features a great apartment and a view of the harbor and she’s really enjoying doing tons of traveling and stuff so she’s having an honest time.

埃德里安娜:哦,她非常喜欢香港。当然,她很想家人,很想念我们,不过在海外生活是种有意思的体验,她有一间能看到港口的大公寓,她非常喜欢旅行,所以她过得很开心。

Todd: So have you ever actually been bent Hong Kong to ascertain her?

托德:你有去香港看过她吗?

Adrienne: in fact . repeatedly .

埃德里安娜:当然了,我去过很多次。

Todd: So what was it like once you were in Hong Kong?

托德:你在香港时感觉怎么样?

Adrienne: It’s hot and humid sort of a lot of places in Asia especially within the summer. But it’s extremely hot, very humid but a gorgeous city. It’s like I said, a harbor city, so there’s water everywhere, and that i think actually the name Hong Kong , maybe someone will correct me about this, but i feel it means like fragrant harbor, or good harbor, something like that, so it’s a stimulating name, but it is, it’s just all water. It’s beautiful.

埃德里安娜:香港的夏天和大部分亚洲国家的夏天一样,又热又潮湿。虽然香港又热又潮湿,不过那里是个美丽的城市。我之前说过,香港是港口城市,所以雨水非常多,也许有人会纠正我,不过我认为香港这个名字的意思就是“芳香的港湾”或是“良港”,这个名字非常有意思,香港经常下雨,不过很漂亮。

Todd: What things did you actually enjoy about Hong Kong?

托德:你最喜欢香港的什么地方?

Adrienne: The shopping in fact . Hong Kong has great shopping. There’s Stanley Market.

埃德里安娜:当然是购物。香港是购物天堂。香港有个赤柱市集。

Todd: Stanley Market? What’s that?

托德:赤柱市集,那是什么?

Adrienne: It’s just a market area. It’s on the opposite side of the island from downtown and it’s well-know for having many souvenirs, but many things like purses and scarves and shoes and garments and everything, and really affordable .

埃德里安娜:是个市场。就在岛区的另一边,赤柱市集因有大量的纪念品出售而闻名,不过那里也卖钱包、围巾、鞋、衣服等其它东西,而且价格合理。

Todd: So once you visited Stanley Market, did you purchase anything?

托德:你去赤柱市集的时候有买东西吗?

Adrienne: in fact . I bought many purses and shoes and accessories. All of the fun stuff.

埃德里安娜:当然买了。我买了许多钱包、鞋和饰品。都是有趣的物件。

Todd: Multiple? you purchased quite one purse?

托德:许多?你不只买了一个钱包?

Adrienne: Oh, yes, of course.

埃德里安娜:对,当然了。

Todd: Why would you purchase quite one purse?

托德:你为什么要买那么多钱包?

Adrienne: a few reasons. One, it had been rock bottom . Two, it was…. i used to be planing ahead for Christmas.

埃德里安娜:有几个原因。首先,那里的价格非常便宜;第二,当时我在为圣诞节做准备。

Todd: So, in Hong Kong, once you buy something, is it standard to haggle about the worth , or is it pretty standard… does one pay the worth that’s written?

托德:在香港购物,你是可以讨价还价,还是不能还价,要按照标价支付?

Adrienne: Well, in general stores, such as large shopping malls and boutiques, you can’t bargain, but you can usually bargain in the market, and you can buy cheap goods.

埃德里安娜:嗯,在一般的商店里,比如大型购物中心和精品店,不能砍价,不过在市场里买东西通常都能还价,能买到便宜货。