Have you ever been a babysitter 你做过保姆吗?

Have you ever been a babysitter 你做过保姆吗?

Diego: Hello, Silvia. This is Diego, I am Chinese.

迭戈:你好Silvia这是Diego,我是中国人。

Silvia: Hi. I’m Silvia, I am Korean.

西尔维娅:你好我是Silvia,我是韩国人。

Diego: We met last week and I knew that you are teaching Korean language, and today I want to ask you a question today. I want to ask you, “Have you ever been a baby sitter?”

迭戈:上周我们见面了,我知道您在教韓语,今天我想问你个问题。我想问的是:你做过保姆吗?

Silvia: Yes, I am a Korean teacher and I have been teaching Korean for adults and children for almost 3 years, and Yes, I’ve been a babysitter. And actually, I was seventeen, so almost eight years ago, and I was in high school, and after school, I would go home, and my cousin would leave her little daughter with me, a two-year old, and she just learned how to walk so imagine that, and it was quite exhausting.

西尔维娅:是的,我教韓語差不多3年了,我的學生有成人還有小孩,我非常喜歡我的工作,而且我做过保姆。当时我17岁,差不多是8年前,那时我还是高中生,放学以后我会直接回家,我表姐把她两岁的小女儿留给我照顾,那个孩子刚学会走路,想象一下,照顾她相当累。

Diego: She was a handful.

迭戈:她很难管。

Silvia: Yeah, she was.

西尔维娅:对,没错。

Diego: Teaching children is not easy at all, especially aged children aged below 3, they are difficult to handle, I guess you need a lot of patience and care, how did you make it work?

迭戈:教孩子一点都不容易,尤其是3岁以下的大孩子,他们很难处理,我想您需要很多的耐心和照顾,您是如何做到的?

Silvia: You’re right, teaching children is not easy at all, but I have experience and I know how to make children learn happily. First of all, you have to be friends with them, maybe not a day or two, but after a long time, they Will like you. After they like you, they will love to play with you and learn with you. Then you can also use some toys or games to attract their attention and make them like to learn and play with you. Yes, it is not difficult to if you know the technique, you may need more patience.

西尔维娅:你说的没错,教小孩儿一点儿都不容易,但是我有经验,我知道怎么让小孩儿开心地学习,首先你必须跟他们做朋友,也许一天两天不行,但是时间长了,他们会喜欢你,他们喜欢你以后,他们就爱跟你玩,爱跟你一起学习了,然后你还可以用一些玩具或者游戏的方向吸引他们的注意力,让他们喜欢跟你学习,玩,就可以了,说难也不难,你可能需要更多的耐心。

Diego: Did you get paid for this?

迭戈:那你表姐会付你钱吗?

Silvia: No, I just liked her so much. I liked taking care of her even though sometimes she drove me crazy, and I felt like spanking her, but in the end I just ended spending the afternoon with her.

西尔维娅:不会,我就是很喜欢那个小女孩。我喜欢照顾她,虽然有时她会把我逼疯,我喜欢拍她的屁股,不过最后我整个下午都会陪她一起玩。

Diego: Ah, OK, sounds very good.

迭戈:好,听起来很不错。

Silvia: It was OK, I guess.

西尔维娅:我觉得还不错。