English Course for Business Use – let’s find somebody then

【我知道最适合的人选】

 

Zina:          OK, let’s find somebody then.

吉娜:         好吧,那我们就再找个人。

 

Vince:  Good. I’ll take care of it.

文斯:  好。我来处理这件事。

 

Zina: Wait a second, Vince. You know what? Why don’t you let me handle it?

吉娜:         等等,文斯。这样吧,不好我来处理好了。

 

Vince:  Are you sure? 1) Do you have somebody in mind?

文斯:         你确定?你心目中有人选吗?

 

Zina:  Yeah. Let me see if he’ll do it, and I’ll get back to you.

吉娜:  有。我先去看看他做不做,再跟你说。

 

Vince:        OK. Just keep in mind it has to be somebody who can 2) get along with Elvin.

文斯:  好。切记这个人得要能跟艾文处得来。

 

Zina:           3) Don’t sweat it. I know just the guy.

吉娜:         你别多虑了。我知道最适合的人选。

 

语言详解

 

A: If you need any help, just call.

需要任何协助,尽管打电话来。

 

B: Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.

谢谢。我会谨记在心。

 

I’ll get back to you. 我再回复你。】

 

当有人问起你一些事情或是讯息,若你无法立即答复,得要先去研究研究的时候,就可以用上这句话 I’ll get back to you.“我会再回复你。”表达等你一有结论就会主动联络对方的诚意。

 

A: How much are these machines going to cost me?

这些机器要花我多少钱啊?

B: Let me check my figures, and I’ll get back to you on that.

待我先查看一下数字,我再回复你。

 

Don’t sweat it.别花这心思。】

 

sweat 是“流汗”,而若是碰到要费一些周折才能解决的事,流点汗肯定是免不了的。于是sweat 也可以用作名词,表示“苦差事”,引申做动词也就成了“费苦心”的意思,Don’t sweat it 这句短语就是指“别花力气、心思在这上头”。目的是告诉对方不必大费周折,白花力气。

 

A: I’m sorry I forgot your birthday party.

我很抱歉忘了你的生日派对。

B: Don’t sweat it. I had a good time anyway.

别多心了。反正我玩得很愉快。

 

1) Do you have somebody in mind?  你心目中有人选吗?文后的keep…in mind 则是指“谨记在心”。

2) get along with…  与……处得来

3) Don’t sweat it  别白费力气了。

Business English Letters – The 9 Perfect Sample Sentences


更多