Interview Skills – Don’t be nervous

Interview Skills - Don't be nervous

Mary:

Tell me a little about yourself. And please don’t be nervous. 
介绍一下自己。请不要紧张。

Jimmy:

Well, I was born in Beijing and went to school there through college. I came to the States in 1990 and earned my M.S. degree in electronics from USC. 
我在北京出生,在那儿一直到念完大学。1990年我来到美国,并在南加州大学拿到电子硕士学位。

Mary:

Do you have any experience? 
你有工作经验吗?

Jimmy:

Yes, I worked for three years at a small computer firm. 
有,我在一家小的电脑公司工作了三年。

Mary:

I see. Why don’t you have your credentials sent to me as soon as you can? You’ll probably hear from us in about a week. 

我知道了。你何不尽快把你的各项证明交给我?你大约在一周左右会得到我们的通知。

Why do you want to work here?

English Interview – What is your expected salary

What is your expected salary

Interviewer:

What`s your expected salary
你希望的薪酬是多少?

Applicant:

I expect to be paid according to my abilities. 
我希望根据我的能力支付薪酬。

Interviewer:

How do you feel about an annual salary of 100,000Yuan plus bonus? 
你认为每年10万元外加奖金如何?

Applicant:

That`s a little less than I expected. But to me, the most important thing is the job and the people I will work with. Moreover, I am sure I will get a raise quickly depending on my background and experience. 
这比我期望的少一些,但对我来说,最重要的是这个工作以及将和我一起工作的人。而且,凭借我的背景和经验,我很快就能得到加薪的。

Interviewer:

That sounds very reasonable. 
这样听起来很合理。

Applicant:

By the way, how long is my probation? 
顺便问一下,我的试用期多长?

Interviewer:

Generally, it is 6 months and during this period you are half-paid. 

般来说是6个月,这段期间你只能拿到工资的一半。

What will be asked in a normal interview?

Interview English – Education Background

Interview English - Education Background

Interviewer:

Which school are you attending? 
你在哪个学校上学?

Applicant:

I am attending Hebei University of Technology. 
我在河北工业大学上学。

Interviewer:

When will you graduate from that university? 
你什么时候毕业?

Applicant:

This coming July. 
今年七月。

Interviewer:

What degree will you receive? 
你能拿到什么学位?

Applicant:

I will receive a Bachelor’s degree. 
学士学位。

Interviewer:

What is your major? 
你是什么专业的?

Applicant:

My major is Business Administration. 
我的专业是商业管理。

Interviewer:

How have you been getting on with your studies so far? 
到目前为止,你在校的学习情况如何?

Applicant:

I have been doing quite well at college. According to the academic records I have achieved so far, I am confident that I will get my Bachelor of Business Administration this coming July. 
我学得不错。根据至今我所取得的学习成绩,我敢肯定今年7月份我一定能获得商业管理学士学位。

Interviewer:

How do you think the education you have received will contribute to your work in this institution? 
你认为你接受的教育将如何有助于本机构的工作?

Applicant:

I have already learned a lot in the classroom and I hope to be able to make practical use of it in your company. My specialization at the university is just in line with the areas your institute deals with. I am sure I can apply what I have learned to the 

我在课堂上学了很多东西,我希望能把它实际运用到贵公司的商务活动中去。我在大学所学的专业和你们研究所所涉及的范围刚好对口。 我相信我能够把我所学到的东西运用到你们研究所的工作之中。

Mandarin Course in Hong Kong – Find a new Job 2018

English Course – Interview for Flight flight attendants Job

English Course - Interview for Flight flight attendants Job

Interviewer:

What made you decide on this type of occupation? 
什么原因使你决定投身这个行业呢?

Applicant:

Oh, to tell you the truth, I love the sky. When I was a child, I imagined flying into the blue sky some day. Now, I think the day has come. My dream will come true. And I like travelling very much and I enjoy working with people. 
哦,说真的,我非常喜欢蓝天。小时候我就梦想自己有一天能飞上蓝天,现在我想这一天已经到了,我的梦想要实现了。而且我非常喜欢旅游,喜欢和人打交道。

Interviewer:

Can you make yourself understood in English without too much difficulty? 
别人容易明白你说的英语吗?

Applicant:

Yes, I think I am quite fluent in English. I got the certificate of the Secondary English Training last month. 
可以,我想我的英语很流利,上个月我拿到了中级英语培训证书。

Interviewer:

Do you know what the responsibilities are for a stewardess? 
你认为对空姐来说,主要的职责是什么?

Applicant:

The main responsibility of the stewardess is to make the passengers relaxed and happy during the flight. And good service is also important. 
主要职责就是让乘客在飞行途中能放松、快乐,而且好的服务也是很重要。

Interviewer:

Are you in good health? 
你现在身体很好吧?

Applicant:

I just had a complete physical examination and I am in top condition. 
我刚做了一次全面的体检,身体状况很好。

Interviewer:

Have you had any nursing experience? 
你有护理经验吗?

Applicant:

Yes, I have two years of nursing experience, and now I am working as a nurse in a hospital. 
有,我有两年的护理经验,现在我就在一家医院当护士。

Interviewer:

How tall are you? What about your eyesight? 
你多高?你的视力如何?

Applicant:

My height is one meter and sixty-eight centimeters. I have never had any vision problems. 
我身高168cm,视力没问题。

Interviewer:

What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses? 
你认为你的优点和缺点是什么?

Applicant:

One of my strengths is my friendliness and open-minded attitude and also I think I have a warm personality. But sometimes, I find it is hard to tell others when I don`t like what they are doing. 
我优点之一就是待人非常友好、开朗,还有我的性格温和。但有时候,我发现很难告诉别人我不喜欢他们的所作所为。

Interviewer:

If a passenger can`t understand what you say, what should you do? 
如果有乘客听不懂你说的话,你该怎么办?

Applicant:

I`ll try to speak in another language or I`ll try my best to use gestures and draw pictures. 

实战口语情景对话:Crime in America 美国的犯罪情况

实战口语情景对话:Crime in America 美国的犯罪情况Nitiya: OK, there is one other thing I want to ask you about America, I mean I see it a lot in movies, but I don’t know whether it is true or not, do you really have so many serial killer in America?

妮提亚:好,我还想问你另一件有关美国的事,我在电影中看到过很多次,可是我不知道那是不是真实的,美国真的有那么多连环杀手吗?

Todd: You mean people that go and they kill many people? Um, yeah, sadly there is a lot of killers. I don’t know that it’s only unique to America. I think it happens in all industrialized countries, but yeah, unfortunately it seems that every two or three years in the news, they’ll be a story of some person going and killing multiple people, which is why they are called a serial killer, so and it’s actually, it’s because of people like that, that I actually believe in the death penalty. I think that even though you can argue that, you should not be, you should never kill someone else, you should not do an eye for an eye, people like that, I just think there is no excuse, they really..

托德:你是说到处杀很多人的那种凶手?不幸的是的确有很多连环杀手。我想并不是只有美国是这种情况。我认为许多工业国家都有这种问题,不幸的是每两三年就会有某人杀害了很多人的新闻报道,他们也因此被称为连环杀手,人们很感兴趣,实际上我同意死刑。我认为即使你可能会争辩说不应该杀害别人,不应该以眼还眼,我只是觉得没有任何借口,他们……

Nitiya: Exactly, exactly. I agree with you. But why do you think that industrial countries thing connected with serial killing?

妮提亚:没错,没错。我同意你的观点。不过为什么你认为工业国家和连线杀人案有联系呢?

Todd: Well, once I saw something on TV with an FBI specialist and he said it’s probably because that the parents are away from the family and there’s not a community, there’s not a village type environment. That because families live in these really closed units, mother, father, children, and that’s it, that maybe some children get, feel distant, from their families, they feel distant from society, and they have some type of trauma and that psychologically effects them.

托德:有一次我看到了一个电视节目,节目中请了一名美国联邦调查局的专家,他说可能是因为凶手的父母与家庭疏远,没有社区,没有乡村式环境。因为爸爸、妈妈和孩子生活在独立的环境中,一些孩子可能会感觉远离家人、远离社会,他们会有一些创伤,受到心理影响。

Nitiya: Exactly, psychological, yeah.

妮提亚:没错,心理问题。

Todd: Which actually, though makes me think, if that’s the case then maybe you shouldn’t kill them because it’s not their fault, but I don’t know.

托德:可是我在想,如果是这种情况,那你不应该杀害他们,因为那不是他们的错,我也不清楚。

Nitiya: But you know, sometimes to stop for another upcoming thing you got to do something. You got to really put a break on it. (Right) but stress is one thing, I guess, psychological.

妮提亚:可是你要知道,有时要做些事情来阻止某些事的发生。你要停止。(对)不过压力是其中一个原因,对,心理压力。

Todd: Right, but you don’t have serial killers in India? You never have that in the news?

托德:没错,印度没有连环杀手吗?你从来没有看到过这种新闻吗?

Nitiya: I guess they are, they’re there. I don’t know much about serial killers in India, but I think they will have been.

妮提亚:我想也有。我不太清楚印度连环杀手的事情,不过我认为有。

Todd: Right. I would imagine that pretty much anywhere in the world it must be a problem.

托德:好。我能想象得出世界大部分地方都存在这一问题。

Nitiya: I guess.

妮提亚:我想也是。

Todd: The thing is, is that I think life is so precious, I don’t even like to kill insects, I mean because if you have life, you should never extinguish life, so at the human level I just don’t understand it.

托德:我认为生命非常宝贵,我甚至都不会杀昆虫,因为我认为不应该去毁灭生命,所以以人类的角度来说我真的不理解杀害动物的行为。

Nitiya: But I think, like you say, people don’t even like killing insects, but if they don’t eat chicken, there are people who can’t eat, who cannot survive one day without having at least one meal of meat (right) so, more or less, you cannot stop that thing I guess.

妮提亚:可是就像你所说,人们不会去杀昆虫,如果他们不吃鸡肉……有人不吃荤,但是也有那种一餐不吃肉就活不下去的人,我认为你不能阻止这种事情。

Todd: Now are you a vegetarian?

托德:你是素食主义者吗?

Nitiya: Yep.

妮提亚:对。

Todd: Ah, so most Hindi people are vegetarian?

托德:是不是大部分印度人都是素食主义者?

Nitiya: Not like that. Many of them eat, and many of them don’t eat. I used to eat but I stopped eating. My family does eat.

妮提亚:并不是这样。大部分印度人吃肉,也有许多人不吃肉。我以前也吃肉,不过我戒荤了。我家人吃肉。

The American Style Friendship

Learn English in Hong Kong – Are you free tomorrow?

Learn English in Hong Kong - Are you free tomorrowJack :

Are you free tomorrow? 
你明天有空吗?

Jane:

Yes, I am. 
有空。

Jack :

I’d like to see you. There’s something I want to tell you. 
我想过来看看你。有些事想跟你说。

Jane:

Fine. 
好的。

Jack :

When is the best time for you? 
你什么时候方便?

Jane:

Anytime after five is fine. 
五点以后都可以。

Jack :

I’ll pick you up at half past five. 
我五点半来接你。

Jane:

O.K. See you then. 

English lesson – Asking rude questions

English lesson - Asking rude questions

Molly:

How’s business? 
你怎么样?

Gordon:

Only so-so, and you? 
只是一般般,你呢?

Molly:

Things couldn’t be better, I quit smoking. I feel like a new person. 
没有比这更好的了,我戒烟了。我感觉象个新人。

Gordon:

May I ask you a few questions about your new life? 
我能就你的新生活问一些问题吗?

Molly:

Shoot. Anything for you! 
问吧。对你什么都成!

Gordon:

Cool, now that you stopped smoking, how much do you weigh? How fat are you? Shouldn’t you go on a diet? 
酷,现在你不吸烟了,你的体重是多少?你有多胖?你不应该减肥吗?

Molly:

How dare you ask such a question? That is quite rude. 
你怎么敢问这样的问题?这很粗鲁。

Gordon:

Sorry about that, I will ask another question. How old are you? 
对不起,我要问另一个问题。你多大了?

Molly:

Oh my god, a lady never tells. 
噢,天啊,女人从不说这个。

Gordon:

You must be elderly if you don’t want to say. Well, I only have one question left. 
如果你不想说,你肯定老了。唔,我只剩一个问题了。

Molly:

You had better not ask about my salary — that would be rude. 
你最好不要问我的薪水–那么做很粗鲁。

Gordon:

I don’t want to know how much you rake in, I just want to know how much you will lend me? 
我不想知道你挣多少,我只想知道你可以借给我多少?

Molly:

Finally a question I am willing to answer. The answer is zero. Zip, nil. One minus one. 
终于问了一个我愿意回答的问题。答案是零。什么都没有,零蛋。一减一。

Gordon:

Man, fat old people are not very nice. 

伙计,肥胖的老人不太好。

What 3 habits can transform my life completely?

Learn English: 真正有意义的生活 A meaningful life

Learn English: 真正有意义的生活 A meaningful life

What will matter?
什么才重要?

Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no days, no hours or minutes. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.
无论是否准备好,总有一天它都会走到尽头。 那里没有日出,没有白天,没有小时和分钟。 你收集的所有东西,不管你珍惜或忘记与否,它们都将流入他人手中。

Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance. It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
不管是你得到的或是你欠别人的,可你的财产、名誉和权势也都会变成和你毫不相干的东西。

Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear.
你的怨恨、愤慨、挫折和妒忌最终也将消失。

So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will all expire.The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
因此,你的希望、抱负、计划以及行动日程表也将全部结束。 当初看得比较重的成功得失也会消失。

It won’t matter where you came from, or on what side of the tracks you lived.
你来自何方,住在穷人区还是富人区也都不重要了。

It won’t matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant. Your gender, skin color, ethnicity will be irrelevant.
你昔日的漂亮与辉煌也都不重要了,你的性别、肤色、种族地位也将消失。

So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?
因此,什么重要呢? 怎么衡量你有生之年的价值呢?

What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave.
重要的不是你买了什么,而是你创造了什么; 不是你得到了什么,而是你给予了什么。

What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
重要的不是你成功了,而是你生命的意义。

What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
重要的不是你学到了什么,而是你传授了什么。

What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage and sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example.
重要的是每个行动之中都有正直和勇气的气概,伟大的同情心和牺牲精神,并且鼓励他人遵从榜样。

What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
重要的不是你的能力,而是你的性格。

What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you’re gone.
重要的不是你认识多少人,而是在你离开后,多少人会怅然若失。

What will matter is not your memories, but the memories of those who loved you.
重要的不是你的回忆,而是爱你的人对你的追思。

What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.
重要的是别人会记你多长时间,谁记着你,为什么记着你。

Living a life that matters doesn’ t happen by accident.
过有意义的生活不是一桩偶然。

It s not a matter of circumstance but of choice.
是因为你选择了它。

Choose to live a life that matters.
选择有意义的人生吧!

An early get up person is more successful in life

生活百科 简单生活让你喜欢上蔬菜

简单生活让你喜欢上蔬菜

>Say so long to feeling guilty over not enjoying fresh vegetables and experiment with new varieties, recipes, and cooking methods. You might just find that your taste buds rise to the occasion.

>Step 1: Make a commitment 做出承诺
>Make a commitment to try a vegetable you’ve never eaten or liked once a week, and keep an open mind.

>Step 2: Lrean to cook 要学会做饭
>Learn to cook vegetables properly to maximize flavor. Cook them in new ways, such as grilled alongside your favorite cut of meat and baked potato.

>Step 3: Drink vegetables 要学会喝他们

>Drink vegetable juice or vegetable and fruit combination juices to get your daily servings. Or create your own blends by mixing a vegetable juice with a fruit juice you like.

>Step 4: Give vegetables the slip 要学会经常换着吃
>Slip a small amount of frozen vegetables into canned or homemade soup to introduce new vegetables into your diet.

>Step 5: Add vegetables 在你的饮食里逐步增加蔬菜
>Add chopped celery, sliced onion, a scallion, or grated cabbage to foods you already like to nurture your fondness for this essential food group.

>Step 6: Smother in cheese 用干酪来煮他们
>Smother cooked vegetables in sauce or sprinkle them with cheese. Sooner or later, you may find you have a promising new relationship with those Brussels sprouts, turnips, and broccoli.

Study finds longer people spend preparing food,the worse their health becomes

 

生活百科 如何在快餐店里吃到健康的食物 How to Make Healthy Choices at Fast Food Restaurants

Healthy Choices at Fast Food RestaurantsYou don’t need to completely cut fast food out of your diet when trying to eat healthily, but you have to make sure to make the right selections.

You Will Need

*Menu descriptions
*Lean meats
*Portion control
*Water, skim milk, or unsweetened tea
*Fruit or yoghurt

Step 1: Read the menu descriptions 仔细地看看菜单,不要选择油炸等高热量高脂肪的食品

Read the menu descriptions. Avoid dishes that are dripping with sauce, deep-fried, creamy, crispy, or breaded. These items are usually high in calories, sodium, and fat.

Opt for grilled, baked, or broiled sandwiches.

Step 2: Order lean meats 选择鸡肉、牛肉等含脂肪量少的瘦肉
Order lean meats, such as chicken breast, turkey, or roast beef. They’ll lack extra calories, but still be packed with flavor.

Step 3: Ditch the skin and batter 不吃鸡皮,蛋黄酱可以减少240卡路里热量的射入
Remove chicken skin, mayonnaise, and dressing. This can save up to 240 calories and 16 grams of fat for one serving.

Step 4: Control your portion size 控制自己的食量
Control your portion size. Order regular-sized items rather than large and extra-large items.

Step 5: Get rid of high-fat topping 避免食用高脂肪配料,如奶酪、油炸面包丁、培根等等
Get rid of caloric toppings, such as cheese, croutons, and bacon bits. Opt for healthy toppings, such as extra veggies, mustard, and pickles.

Step 6: Reduce your sugar load 避免摄入过多的糖分,选择酸奶或果汁作为饮料,而不是冰激凌,也不要吃甜点
Reduce your sugar intake by ordering a fruit bowl or yogurt, instead of ice cream or pie for dessert. Eat fresh, made-to-order foods whenever possible. Leave the fast food restaurant without feeling guilty by controlling the nutritional value in your meal.

McDonald’s serves over 60 million people in 117 countries every day.

Mandarin language learning HK – How about eating breakfast together?