What is the meaning of yì sī “意思” in Chinese? While in Chinese, yì sī can mean serveral things.
1. yì sī means mearning: e.g. zhè shì shén me yì sī “这是什么意思“： what does it mean/what is the meaning of this.
2. Or it can mean interesting/not interesting, e.g. zhè gè diàn yǐng zhēn méi yì sī (这个电影真没意思): This movie is really boring/not interesting.
3. Or when you give people a present and thatt present is not something expensive or just a little thing, here means server as a token! example, wǒ mǎi le diǎn er shuǐ guǒ gěi tā ，jiù suàn yì sī yì sī (我买了点儿水果给他，就算意思意思): I bought some fruits for him, just serve as a token(Show my token).
4. Sometimes, yì sī shows a tendency or trend of something, for example, xiàn zài tiān qì yì tiān bǐ yì tiān liáng ，yǒu qiū tiān de yì sī le (现在天气一天比一天凉，有秋天的意思了。) : Now the weather is getting cooler and cooler, it seems autumn is coming. another example: wǒ kàn tā duì nà gè nǚ de yǒu yì sī (我看他对那个女的有意思): I think he fell in love with that girl.
Now you may try to translate these sentences into Chinese with yì sī (意思)
1. What is the meaning of bù zài hu in Chinese?
2. Chinese is very interesting
3. This is to just show my token.
4. Do you really like that girl?