Hong Kong English Lesson – How to do cleaning

Hong Kong English Lesson - How to do cleaningTodd: Adrienne, we’re going to talk about cleaning! So, first of all, how often do you clean, like your apartment?

托德:埃德里安娜,我们要谈谈清洁工作!首先,你的公寓多久做一次打扫工作?

Adrienne: Thoroughly, I would say I clean once a week.

埃德里安娜:彻底打扫大概一周一次。

Todd: So, do you consider yourself a clean person?

托德:你认为自己是个爱干净的人吗?

Adrienne: I consider myself an organized person.

埃德里安娜:我认为我是个有条理的人。

Todd: OK. So, in your house what is the one room you hate cleaning?

托德:好。那你家里最讨厌收拾的房间是哪一间?

Adrienne: Probably the bathroom, which includes the shower, the sink, toilet. (Yeah) All together.

埃德里安娜:可能是浴室,那里有淋浴器、水槽、马桶。(对)都在那里。

Todd: Yeah, so, why?

托德:好,那为什么呢?

Adrienne: I just think it’s the grossest part of the house. It always seems to accumulate the most dirt and grime (Yeah) pretty disgusting.

埃德里安娜:我只是认为那是房子里最令人恶心的地方。那里总是堆积着最多的灰尘和尘垢(对),特别恶心。

Todd: Yeah, it’s hard to get the stuff off the tiles. (Right) You got to scrub and scrub and it’s still brown or green or whatever color it is.

托德:没错,那些东西很难从地砖上清理掉。(是的。)你要不停地擦洗,而地砖还是棕色的,或者是绿色的,反正上面会留有痕迹。

Adrienne: Exactly. It’s just a difficult place to get into to clean, and there’s lots of small spaces to get into and.

埃德里安娜:的确是这样。那是非常难清洁的地方,有许多小的地方要清洁。

Todd: Yeah! In Japan it’s weird because they have these little portable bathrooms, you know, they’re all plastic so,

托德:对!在日本这很奇怪,因为他们有这种便携式浴室,你知道的,全是用塑料做的。

Adrienne: It’s easy. You just take the sprayer and spray the whole room.

埃德里安娜:很容易清洗。你只要用喷雾剂喷洒整间房间就可以了。

Todd: Yeah! I’m convinced that they drop those bathrooms in a, with a helicopter. They just drop them right in there. You got everything, you know.

托德:对!我确信它们可以把这个带上直升飞机。他们只要把它们放在那里。非常方便,你知道的。

Adrienne: Easy! Convenient! Efficient!

埃德里安娜:很简便!方便!有效!

Todd: What about laundry?

托德:洗衣服呢?

Adrienne: I don’t like really doing any type of manual labor, but I don’t mind doing laundry from time to time.

埃德里安娜:我不喜欢任何形式的体力劳动,不过我不介意偶尔做洗衣工作。

Todd: Yeah, I like laundry actually. I like the smell of the clothes when you finish.

托德:嗯,实际上我也喜欢洗衣服。我喜欢衣服洗完后的香味。

Adrienne: Yeah, that’s a good part of it, but I don’t like to actually to do the work, washing!

埃德里安娜:对,那是好的一方面,不过实际上我并不喜欢洗衣的工作!

Todd: Yeah, actually, I like to clean. That’s why I have this question. (Mm) I’m a clean freak. Like, I like washing dishes. I like doing laundry. Yeah!

托德:嗯,实际上,我喜欢清洁工作。这就是我问这个问题的原因。(嗯)我有洁癖。比如,我喜欢洗碗。我喜欢洗衣服。就是这样!

Adrienne: Yeah, that’s not fun for me. (No!) I’d rather sleep given the choice.

埃德里安娜:嗯,那并不是我的乐趣。(不!)如果可以选择我宁愿睡觉。

Todd: Like you can pay me and I’ll clean your apartment.

托德:也许你可以付钱给我,我会负责打扫你的公寓的。

Adrienne: Oh, sounds good. Perfect!

埃德里安娜:哦,听起来不错。很完美!

Todd: How much? How much would you pay me?

托德:多少钱?你会付我多少钱?

Adrienne: Um, see, going rate for a maid these day, Todd?

埃德里安娜:嗯,托德,你看按现在保姆的行情怎么样?

Todd: Maid! That’s a sexist comment!

托德:保姆!这是个有性别歧视的评论!

Adrienne: It is a sexist comment! But it is, the going rate for a maid,

埃德里安娜:这是个有性别歧视的评论!但是我只是说,按现在保姆的行情……

Todd: Male cleaning attendant!

托德:男性清洁助理!

Adrienne: I don’t think that’s what they’re called. They’d still call them a maid service. Um, I don’t know.I think it’s about 15 dollars an hour.

埃德里安娜:我想这并不是他们的称呼吧。他们还是会称为保姆服务。嗯,我也不知道。我想大概是15美元一小时。

Todd: Ooh! You’d pay me 15 dollars an hour?

托德:哦!你一个小时要付我15美元?

Adrienne: No, that’s the going rate. That’s not what I’ll pay you.

埃德里安娜:不,那只是现在的行情。并不是我要付你的钱。

Todd: I thought I was going to make some money!

托德:我想我要挣钱了!

Adrienne: Well, I thought I was going to get a discount.

埃德里安娜:嗯,我想要个折扣。

Todd: This web site’s expensive.

托德:这个网站好贵。

Adrienne: Oh, right, right, right!

埃德里安娜:嗯,对,没错,没错!

Todd: So I need the money.

托德:所以我需要那笔钱。

Adrienne: Oh! OK, 15 it is!

埃德里安娜:哦!好的,15美元!

Todd: OK, but how dirty is your place?

托德:好,不过你的房子有多赃?

Adrienne: Pretty, pretty dirty!

埃德里安娜:非常非常赃!

Todd: Ah, well, I’ll take a look at it.

托德:啊,嗯,我需要看一下。

Adrienne: You’ll me working for the money, for sure!

埃德里安娜:你肯定会为钱工作的!

Related:

Chinese language study HK-I need some facial cleanser.