出生

This friend of mine had a kid, and it was a home birth, so he was there helping out and everything.

我有个朋友的孩子是在家里出生的,所以他在那儿帮忙。
And he said at that profound moment of birth, he was watching this child, experiencing life for the first time, I mean, trying to take its first breath.
他说生命降生之时的意义非凡,他看着他的孩子第一次体验生命,试着第一次呼吸。
All he could think about was that he was looking at something that was gonna die someday.
他能想到的却只是眼前这个生命总有一天会死去。
He just couldn’t get it out of his head.
他无法驱散这个念头。
And I think that’s so true. You know, everything is so finite.
我觉得很真实,一切事物都是有限的。
But don’t you think that’s what makes our time and specific moments so important?
你是否觉得正因为这样才使我们的时间和特殊时刻如此重要?
Yeah, I know.
是的,我明白。
It’s the same for us tonight, though.
就像我们今晚一样。
After tomorrow morning, we’ll probably never see each other again, right?
过了明天早上,我们也许永远都不会再见面,对吗?
You don’t think we’ll ever see each other again?
你不认为我们还能见面?
What do you think? Well, gosh, I don’t know.
你觉得呢? 天啊,我不知道。
I hadn’t planned another… Me too. I mean I live in Paris, you live in the U.S.I totally understand.I’d hate to make you fly. You’d hate to fly, right?
我没有别的计划…… 我也是,我在巴黎,你在美国,我全能理解。我不想让你来,你讨厌飞行不是吗?
I’m not so scared of flying. I mean, I could.
我并不那么害怕飞行。我是说我可以。