西拉斯的邻居们

Just then young Aaron came out from behind his mother’s chair,

正在这时阿荣从妈妈的椅子后面出来了,
and Silas offered him one of Dolly’s cakes.
西拉斯给了他一块多莉做的蛋糕。
‘Oh Aaron! ‘said his mother. ‘You’re always eating!
“嗨,阿荣!”他妈妈叫道,”你总在吃!
No, don’t give him any more, Master Marner.
不,马南师傅,别再给他了。
But he can sing a song for you. I’m sure you’ll like it.
不过他可以给你唱首歌,我想你会喜欢,
It’s a beautiful Christmas carol. Come, Aaron, let’s hear it. ‘
这是一首圣诞颂歌。来,阿荣,唱给我们听听。”
Little Aaron stood up straight and sang his carol in a clear, sweet voice.
小阿荣站直了,开始用清晰、甜美的声音唱他的颂歌。
Dolly listened with delight, hoping that the carol would help to persuade Silas to come to church.
多莉高兴地听着,希望歌声能有助于劝说西拉斯去教堂。
‘You see, Master Marner, ‘she said when Aaron had finished, ‘that’s Christmas music.
“你看,马南师傅,”阿荣唱完她说,”这就是圣诞音乐,
The Christmas Day service is wonderful, with all the voices and the music.
圣诞节的礼拜仪式棒极了,有各种声音和音乐。
I hope you’ll be there with us.
我希望你和我们一起在教堂。
And remember, if you feel ill, I’ll be happy to come and cook or clean for you.
记住,如果你不舒服,我很乐意来替你做饭,打扫,
But I beg you, please stop weaving on Sundays.
但我请求你不要在礼拜日工作。
It’s bad for soul and body, I’m sure. We must go now. Goodbye, Master Marner. ‘
我肯定这对灵魂和肉体都有害。我们得走了。再见,马南师傅。”


更多