美丽新世界Brave New World

THE DOOR was ajar; they entered.

门半开着,他们俩进来了。
John!
约翰!
From the bathroom came an unpleasant and characteristic sound.
一种不愉快的、带他的特性的声音从浴室传来。
“Is there anything the matter?” Helmholtz called.
“出了什么事吗?”赫姆霍尔兹叫道。
There was no answer. The unpleasant sound was repeated, twice; there was silence.
没有回答。不愉快的声音又出现了,两次。没有声音了。
Then, with a click the bathroom door opened and, very pale, the Savage emerged.
浴室门咔哒一声开了。野蛮人走了进来,非常苍白。
“I say,” Helmholtz exclaimed solicitously, “you do look ill, John!”
“我说呀,”赫姆霍尔兹很关心地说,“你脸上的确带病容,约翰!”
“Did you eat something that didn’t agree with you?” asked Bernard.
“你吃了什么不受用的东西吗?”伯纳问。
The Savage nodded. “I ate civilization.”
野蛮人点点头,“我吃了文明。”
美丽新世界.jpg

What?

吃了什么?
“It poisoned me; I was defiled. And then,” he added, in a lower tone, “I ate my own wickedness.”
“我中毒了;受了污染。而且,”他放低了声音说,“我吞下了自己的邪恶。”
“Yes, but what exactly? … I mean, just now you were …”
“不错,可究竟是出了什么事?……我是说你刚才在……?”
“Now I am purified,” said the Savage. “I drank some mustard and warm water.”
“我现在已经清洗了自己,”野蛮人说,“我拿芥末冲温水喝了。”
The others stared at him in astonishment. “Do you mean to say that you were doing it on purpose?” asked Bernard.
两人瞪大了眼惊异地望着他。“你是说你是故意那么做的?”伯纳问。
“That’s how the Indians always purify themselves.” He sat down and, sighing, passed his hand across his forehead.
“印第安人就是那么清洗自己的。”他坐了下来,叹了一口气,用手抹了抹前额。
“I shall rest for a few minutes,” he said. “I’m rather tired.”
“我要休息几分钟,”他说,“我相当疲倦了。”
“Well, I’m not surprised,” said Helmholtz.
“喔,这我倒并不意外,”赫姆霍尔兹
After a silence, “We’ve come to say good-bye,” he went on in another tone. “We’re off tomorrow morning.”
沉默了一会儿,说,“我们是来告别的。”他换了个口气说了下去,“明天我们就走了。”
“Yes, we’re off to-morrow,” said Bernard on whose face the Savage remarked a new expression of determined resignation.
“是的,明天我们就走了。”伯纳说。野蛮人在他脸上看见了一种完全决心听天由命的表情。
“And by the way, John,” he continued,
“顺带说一句,约翰,”他说了下去,
leaning forward in his chair and laying a hand on the Savage’s knee,
坐在椅子上,身子前倾,把手放在野蛮人的膝盖上,
“I want to say how sorry I am about everything that happened yesterday.” He blushed.
“我要说明我对昨天发生的事有多么抱歉,”他脸红了,
“How ashamed,” he went on, in spite of the unsteadiness of his voice, “how really …”
“有多么惭愧,”尽管说时声音颤抖,“事实上是多么……”
The Savage cut him short and, taking his hand, affectionately pressed it.
野蛮人打断了他的话,动情地抓住他的手,捏了捏。

10大超值海外游目的地

上榜10国的共同点
Plenty to see and do: 风光美、好玩儿
Not too touristy: 不那么“游客”
Bang for your buck:性价比高

1.Canada: 加拿大
推荐理由:
Natural splendor:美丽的自然风光
Big country, small population, you can fully take in the beauty without feeling overcrowded: 地广人稀,尽情体验美丽风光,不会人挤人
Hospitable people: 人民热情好客
English-speaking country with a large Chinese population: 说英语,华人多,交流方便
Low Canadian dollar: 加币汇率低,比去美国划算多啦!

2.Columbia: 哥伦比亚
推荐理由:
Latin America: 拉美国家,大家去的不多吧
Just becoming a tourist spot, yet not too touristy: 刚刚出现在旅行版图上,还不会太“游客”
Exotic and vibrant: 异域风情、充满热情活力

3.Finland:芬兰
推荐理由:
Scandinavian country with a fairy tale quality: 遥远的北欧国家, 童话仙境
Gorgeous winter scene: 迷人的冬日景观
Finnish sauna: 怕冷?没关系,芬兰桑拿全球闻名!
Northern lights/aurora: 壮观的北极光

4.Dominica:多米尼加
推荐理由:
Caribbean summer paradise: 加勒比夏日天堂
Intact nature: 保护完好的自然风光
Close to America: 离美国东部很近,如果去美国,不如顺便去一次
Cheap accomodation, food, etc. Bang for your buck: 海岛之旅的性价比之王

5.Nepal:尼泊尔
推荐理由:
Spiritual cleansing: 灵魂净化
Close to China: 离中国近
High altitude: 高原
Watch out for altitude sickness: 注意高原反应哦

10大超值海外游目的地!

6.Bermuda: 百慕大
推荐理由:
Don’t be daunted by the mysterious Bermuda triangle: 别被神秘的百慕大三角吓到
Bermuda shirts and Bermuda shorts: 其实百慕大是个夏日天堂,买套百慕大短袖衬衣、短裤
British territory island, full of colonial heritage: 英属岛国,浓郁欧洲殖民风情

7.Mongolia:蒙古
推荐理由:
Inner Mongolia: 内蒙
Mongolia: 蒙古国
Grassland/prairie: 草原
Ger: 蒙古包

8.Oman:阿曼
推荐理由:
Arabian peninsula, dessert by the sea: 阿拉伯半岛、海边沙漠王国
Ancient civlization: 文明古国
Luxury resorts: 奢华度假村
Great stop-over destination on-route to Europe: 去欧洲旅游的中途停留好选择

9.Myanmar:缅甸
推荐理由:
One of the most secretive countries in Southeastern Asia: 东南亚最神秘的国家之一
Just opening up to the outside world: 刚对外开放
A window onto a vanishing Asia: 正在消失的古老亚洲文化的一扇窗
是Berma还是Myanmar?
Berma was the old colonial name: Berma是殖民时期用的名字
Now, the name Myanmar is used more: 现在更常用Myanmar

10.Ethiopia:俄塞俄比亚
推荐理由:
Amazing wildlife, mountains and coffee: 野生动物大迁徙、登山、咖啡
Economic boom: 非洲发展最快的国家
Young population and amazing energy: 年轻的人民、活力蓬勃
Bang for the buck: 也是性价比之王

企业管理经 如何将奖金与业绩挂钩?

language school in Hong KongA publisher might buy a printing company in order to have more control over its assets, and ensure its presses are used to print its own books first.

出版商可能会为了对其资产有更多的控制权并确保印刷设备首先被用于印刷自家的图书而收购一家印刷公司。
Yet if the takeover means that the workers tending the presses see smaller rewards for their efforts, and their managers cannot keep tabs on them, they might shirk the extra sorts of work that keep the presses running as productively as possible.
然而,如果这一收购意味着维护印刷机的工人看到的是较小的对于他们努力的报答,同时他们的管理人员又不可能时时刻刻地监视他们,他们就可能减少保持印刷设备尽可能高效运转的额外工作。
契约理论对经济的影响2.jpg

So the theory has real-world relevance; Mr Hart used it to explain precisely why inmates may fare worse at privately run prisons than at public ones.

因此,这一理论具有现实世界相关性;哈特曾用它精准地解释了为什么囚犯在私立监狱可能比在公立监狱过得差。
Managers of both care about the bottom line, but the incentive to cut costs is sharper in private prisons, because the profits flow into the pockets of owners who benefit directly.
两类监狱的管理人员都关注盈亏底线,但是,在公立监狱,消减成本的激励更加锋利,因为盈利流入直接获益的所有者的口袋。
The work of Mr Holmstrom, a Finnish economist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, centres on the behaviour of individuals rather than organisations.
麻省理工芬兰裔经济学家霍尔姆斯特罗姆的研究重点是个人而非组织的行为。
Many of the basic power dynamics in society boil down to the relationship between one person—a principal—who needs another—an agent—to do something for him.
在社会中,许多基本的权力动力学可以归纳为一个人——委托人——需要另一个人——代理人——为其做事之间的关系。
The principal can use contracts to shape the incentives facing the agent, the better to get him to direct his activities.
委托人可以利用契约形成面向代理人的激励,能够让他以之指导他的行为更好。
Yet getting the incentives just right is no easy feat.
然而,把激励设置的正合适不是那么容易的。
A firm owner setting pay for a senior manager wants to get his employee to deliver the best possible results.
为高级管理人员制定薪水的企业所有者想让他的雇员呈现最好的可能结果。
Linking a bonus to performance—to profits, for example—would seem to be the order of the day.
把奖金与业绩——如利润——挂钩似乎会成为当今的潮流。
Yet profits rise and fall for reasons which have nothing to do with managerial effort, such as the health of the economy.
然而,利润会因为经济体健康等与管理努力毫不相干的种种原因而上升和下降。
Bonus payments that mostly reward this sort of noise actually dull the incentives facing the manager.
大都奖励给这类干扰的奖金支付实际上是削弱了面向管理人员的激励。
Better to base contracts only on information (like profits relative to the industry average) which sheds light on the manager’s true performance.
最好将契约只建立在彰显出管理人员真正业绩的信息 (如相对于行业平均水平的利润) 的基础之上。
Yet surprisingly often, firms opt not to structure pay in this way.
然而,令人吃惊的是,企业经常选择不用这种办法构成工资。
Mr Holmstrom’s work describes why that might be so.
霍尔姆斯特罗姆的研究描述的正是可能如此的原因。
Most jobs are made up of many different tasks, for instance, some of which are easier to assess than others.
例如,大多数工作都是由许多不同的任务构成的,有些任务要比另外一些更容易评估。
Bonuses linked to the easily measured stuff, like profits, encourage agents to spend more time boosting those measures, at the expense of other, harder-to-measure things that are nonetheless important, like brand reputation or product quality.
与利润等容易衡量的东西相挂钩的奖金鼓励代理人,以品牌声誉或产品质量这些虽然重要但更难以衡量的东西为代价,花更多的时间去提高这些尺度。
In some cases, firms might therefore opt to pay fixed salaries, or to separate roles into those specialising in the easy-to-assess tasks, who can be offered high-powered incentive pay, and others paid fixed rates for woollier sorts of work.
因而,在某些情况下,企业可能选择支付固定工资,或是把角色拆分为专门从事容易评估任务的人——他们能够被提供高水平的激励工资以及因为较为模糊的工作种类而被付给固定比率的其他人。
Throughout his career, Mr Holmstrom has worked out how the ways contracts can and cannot be made to manipulate others determine the structure of jobs, firms and even industries.
纵观其学术生涯,霍尔姆斯特罗姆一直都在设法解决契约能不能以某种具体的方式被打造出来以便影响决定工作、企业乃至行业结构的其他人。
Like many of the most deserving laureates, Mr Hart and Mr Holmstrom opened whole new lines of inquiry to later economists (indeed, the winner of the prize in 2014, Jean Tirole, did important work in response to their contributions) .
如同许多最值得的得主一样,对于后来的经济学家而言,哈特和霍尔姆斯特罗姆开辟了质疑的全新线索 (实际上,2014年得主让·梯若尔在响应他们的贡献方面做出了重要的工作)。
The Nobel committee should be applauded for rewarding economists who place power dynamics front and centre.
诺奖评委会理应因为奖励将权力动力学置于前沿和中心的经济学家而得到掌声。
Economic life is messy, but it is also, occasionally, comprehensible.
经济生活是凌乱的,但偶尔也是可以理解的。

契约理论获诺奖 无趣理论背后的真相

Finance and economics: Free exchange: Hard bargains

财经:自由交换:艰苦的讨价还价
Two economists win the Nobel prize for their work on the theory of contracts.
两位经济学家因其对于契约理论的研究获得诺奖。
Economics can seem a rather bloodless science.
经济学可能看起来是一门了无生气的科学。
契约理论对经济的影响1.jpg

In its simplest models, prices elegantly balance supply and demand, magically directing individuals’ pursuit of their own self-interest towards the greater good.

在其最简单的模型中,价格微秒地平衡了供求,把个人对于自身利益的追求魔术般地引向更大的好处。
In the real world, humans often undermine the greater good by grabbing whatever goodies their position allows them.
在现实世界中,人类经常是通过攫取地位许给他们的甜头来突出更大的好处。
The best economic theorizing grapples with this reality, and brings us closer to understanding the role of power relationships in human interactions.
经济学最好的理论化行为研究这种现实,并让我们更接近于理解权力关系在人类交往中的角色。
This year’s Nobel prize for economic sciences—awarded to Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom—celebrates their study of economic power, and the tricky business of harnessing it to useful economic ends.
奖给奥利弗·哈特和本格特·霍尔姆斯特罗姆的今年的诺贝尔经济学奖表彰的是他们关于经济权力的研究以及把将其运用于有用的经济目的的棘手之事。
Behind the dull-sounding “contract theory” for which the two were recognised lies an important truth: that when people want to work together, individual self-interest must be kept under control.
在两人因之而得到承认的听上去无趣的 “契约理论” 背后存在着一个重要的真相:当人们想要一块工作时,个人的自身利益必须处于被控制之下。
For a chef and a restaurant-owner to work together productively, for example, the owner must promise not to use the power he has to change the locks in order to deny the chef his share of future profit.
例如,对于想要一起高效工作的厨师和餐馆所有者来说,所有者必须承诺不会为了否认厨师的未来利润份额而使用他手中的权力换锁。
Mr Hart, a British economist working at Harvard University, tackled power dynamics while seeking to explain the existence of firms—a question which has troubled economists since the work of the late Ronald Coase, another Nobelist, starting in the 1930s.
在哈佛大学工作的英国经济学家哈特,在处理了权力动力学的同时还试图解释企业的存在,这一问题,已故的另一位诺奖得主罗纳德·科斯于上世纪30年代开始研究,一直困扰着经济学家们。
Firms provide some advantage over dealing with others through exchanges of cash for services in the open market, but economists have struggled to pinpoint what that advantage is.
企业在开放市场用金钱交换服务与其他人做生意时提供了某种优势,而经济学家们试图指出那个优势是什么。
The difficulty in writing contracts that cover all future situations seems to be crucial.
订立囊括未来情况的契约的困难似乎很关键。
Agreeing beforehand how any hypothetical future windfall or loss ought to be shared can be impossible.
事先就任何假设中的未来盈利或损失应当如何分享达成一致应该是不可能的。
Yet the uncertainty of working without such a complete contract could be big enough to prevent potentially profitable partnerships from forming.
然而,没有了一份如此全面的契约,工作的不确定性可能大得足以阻止潜在盈利伙伴关系的形成。
In work with Sanford Grossman, (an economist who might plausibly have shared the prize) , Mr Hart reasoned that firms solve this problem by clever use of the bargaining power bestowed by the ownership and control of key assets, such as machines or intellectual property.
在与桑福德·格罗斯曼 (一位本应合理地分享今年诺奖的经济学家) 的合作中,哈特断定,企业是通过对所有权以及机器和知识产权等关键资产的控制权所赐予的议价权的灵活运用来解决这一问题的。
Instead of fussing over how to divide up the spoils in every possible future, in other words, workers agree to sell their labour to a firm that owns the machinery or technology they use, in the knowledge that ownership gives the firm the power to hoover up a disproportionate share of the profits.
换言之,在知道所有权赋予企业得到不成比例的利润份额的权力的前提下,工人会同意将其劳动出售给拥有他们所使用的机器或技术的企业,而不是为了如何在每一种可能的未来中分配战利品而瞎操心。
This power comes with costs as well as benefits, which help shape how big companies become and exactly what they do.
这种权力除了带来利润之外,还带来有助于形成公司规模和具体业务的成本。
In other work, Mr Hart noted that workers and managers who look after equipment can make decisions to improve its productivity (like maintaining the machinery and investing in training) .
在另外的研究中,哈特指出,维护设备的工人和管理人员能够做出提高生产效率的决定 (如维护设备和投资于再培训)。
But just how much time and energy they spend on such efforts depends on what share of future profits they can expect.
但是,他们会把多少精力用于此类努力则取决于他们所能期盼的未来利润份额。

霍华德将成宇航员

It’s from Game of Thrones.What do you think?

这是《权力的游戏》里的那把 你觉得怎样
I don’t know.If we’re going to start a fantasy sword collection and I’ve long thought we should is this really the sword to start with?
不知道 如果我们要开始收藏奇幻剧中的刀剑 虽然我很久前就认为应该收藏 但真的要从这把开始吗
What did you have in mind?
那你想从哪把开始
Well, off the top of my head, I’d have to go with Excalibur.
我会不假思索地说 亚瑟王的神剑
It gives you the right to rule England.
它能赋予你统治英格兰的权力
It would be a replica of a movie prop.
那肯定是电影道具的复制品
Fair enough.
也有道理
It’d give you the right to rule a replica of England.
那就是赋予你统治英格兰复制品的权力
Well, they don’t have an Excalibur here,so what do you want to do?
这里没有亚瑟王的神剑 你觉得该怎么办
Mm. Tough decision.
真是艰难的抉择
There’s no weaponry from Lord of the Rings forged in a Chinese sweatshop?
这里没有中国血汗工厂伪造的那种 《指环王》里的武器吗
Just Bilbo Baggins’ sword over there.
只有比尔博·巴金斯的剑在那边(《指环王》中魔戒曾经的持有者 霍比特人 )
Two grown men with a hobbit’s dagger; wouldn’t we look silly?
俩成年男子拿着把霍比特人的短剑 看着不傻吗 (霍比特人 《指环王》中的矮人族)
Okay, let’s go for it.
好了 就这把了
Oh, I see you guys have found my little treasure.
两位发现了我的小宝贝
Yeah.It’s okay, I guess.
是啊 看着还行
Okay? It’s magnificent.
什么叫还行 它简直了不起
What do you want for it?
多少钱
Oh, it’s hard to put a price on something that’s a copy of something that was on pay cable.
很难给本尊出现在付费电视上 其复制品出现在本店里的东西定价
But for my friends, let’s say 250?
不过卖给朋友嘛 就二百五吧
Oh, that’s pretty steep.
你还真是狮子大开口
Well, it’s a limited edition. They only made 8,000 of these bad boys.
这可是限量版 只生产了八千把哦
Only 8,000? We’re wasting precious time. Buy it.
只有八千把 我们在浪费宝贵时间 快买下
Hang on.Can you do any better?
等等 还能少点吗
Are you kidding? I’m already giving you the friends and family discount.
开什么玩笑 这已经是亲友折扣了
Oh, did you hear that? We’re getting the friends and family discount.We are honored and we will take it.
听到了吗 人家都给我们亲友折扣了 我们很荣幸 这就买了
Slow down. Two hundred.
慢着 二百块
What are you doing? 250 is already the discounted price.Will you shut up?
你在做什么啊 二百五已经是折扣价了 闭嘴吧你
Tell you what, I’ll go 235.
这样吧 二百三十五好了
Nope. Maybe another time.
那算了 下次买吧
Okay, 225 my final offer.
好吧 二百二十五 这是最终报价
Take it, take it.
买下吧 买下吧
Two hundred.
二百块
Man, you’re killing me!
天 你是要杀了我
Killing you? I can’t breathe.
杀你? 我都喘不过气了
210, and I’m losing money.
二百一吧 亏本卖了
Oh, now, we can’t let him lose money, Leonard. I’m so sorry.
不能欺人太甚 莱纳德 太对不起了
210 and you throw in the Iron Man helmet.
二百一 再送个《钢铁侠》里的头盔
Are you crazy?That helmet’s signed by Robert Downey Jr.
你疯了吗 那头盔上有小罗伯特·唐尼的签名(《钢铁侠》主演)
So?
那又怎样
Okay, if you’re going to question the importance of an actor’s signature on a plastic helmet from a movie based on a comic book,then all of our lives have no meaning!
好吧 如果你要质疑 一个来自漫画改编的电影 还有演员签名的塑料头盔的重要性 那我们这群人的生活 还有什么意义可言
Ok, fine.Just the sword, 210.
就这把剑 二百一
Thank you.I can eat meat this week.
谢谢 这周有肉吃啦
See that? I just saved us 40 bucks.
看到没 我帮我们省了四十块
I’ve long said, what you lack in academic knowledge you make up for in street smarts.
我早就说过 你学术知识的匮乏 全弥补在市井小民的小聪明上了
You want me to wrap it?
要包起来吗
No, it’s okay.I’m gonna stab my friend in the chest.
不用了 我要用它直刺我朋友胸口
Hey, Stuart.
嗨 斯图尔特
Ah, hey, Wil.
嗨 威尔
Hello, Wil Wheaton.
哈罗 威尔·惠顿
Hi, Sheldon.Nice sword.
嗨 谢尔顿 好剑
It’s part of my sword collection.Do you have a sword collection?
这是我刀剑收藏中的其中一把 你有收藏刀剑吗 没有
No. I’m not surprised.
我一点都不奇怪
Here’s the Batman 612 with the Jim Lee alternate cover that you wanted.
这是《蝙蝠侠》第612期 有你想要的吉姆·李重新画的封面 (《蝙蝠侠》作者之一)
Awesome. What do I owe you?
太棒了 多少
40 bucks.
四十块
Sucker.Didn’t even ask for the friends and family discount.
笨蛋 他都没要个亲友折扣
Hey, I’m having a party at my house on Friday, and I was hoping you would stop by.
周五我要在家办个派对希望你能来
Will there be girls there?
有女孩子吗
Yeah, of course.
当然有
‘Cause there wasn’t last time.
上次就没有
There will be girls.
这次肯定有
You guys are invited if you want to come by.
你们想来的话 我也邀请你们哦
Thank you.
谢谢你
All right, great.Later.
好了 非常好 回见
I see what you’re doing.You accept an invitation to a party at the home of my sworn enemy,he tells everyone we’re going to be there,and when we don’t show, he looks the fool.Fiendishly clever.
我知道你的小把戏 你接受了 去我死敌家参加派对的邀请 他就会大肆宣扬 我们俩会去而我们不去 他就成了傻瓜 很坏很聪明
I was actually thinking about going.
我是真的想去
And then declaring the party a fiasco and storming out,leaving him humiliated in front of his guests.Love it.
去了说一句 这派对烂死了 然后摔门而去 让他在客人面前颜面尽失 我喜欢
No, I was gonna grab Raj and Howard and have a good time.
不是 我要带上拉杰和霍华德 我们要好好玩
Oh, great, more guys.
太好了 僧多粥少
It’s gonna be another Wil Wheaton sausage fest.
威尔·惠顿又筹办了一个光”棍”派对
Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait…
我们的宇宙进入了极热的高浓度状态,后来,140亿年前它开始扩张。等等……
The Earth began to cool,the autotrophs began to drool,neanderthals developed tools, we built a wall (we built the pyramids),
地球开始冷却,自养生物开始繁殖,穴居人学会使用工具,我们开始建墙(我们还建了金字塔)
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,That all started with the big bang!bang!
数学、科学、历史解开了宇宙之谜。这一切从宇宙大爆炸开始。
Sheldon, can you grab me a water?
谢尔顿 能给拿瓶水吗
Possibly.
可能可以
Can you or can’t you?
到底可不可以
It’s not that simple, Leonard.
这事没那么简单 莱纳德
It never is, is it?
什么到你那 都复杂了
At this moment,our relationship exists in two mutually contradictory states.Until you either do not go or go to Wil Wheaton’s party,you are simultaneously my friend and not my friend.
目前 咱俩的关系 处于两种相互矛盾的状态 在你决定去 或是不去威尔·惠顿的派对之前 你是我的朋友 同时又不是我的朋友
I’m characterizing this phenomenonas Schrodinger’s Friendship
我把这个现象称为 薛定谔的友谊.薛定谔的猫是关于量子理论的一个理想实验
Got it. Can I have my water?
明白了 可以把水给我了吗
Of course.Now get it yourself, you traitor.
当然 自己捡去吧 你这个叛徒
Wait, what is going on?
等一下 这到底是怎么回事
In case you have forgotten,Schrodinger’s cat is a thought experiment…
忘了我就再提醒你一下 薛定谔的猫是个理想实验
No, no, I didn’t forget.Um, there’s this cat in a box and until you open it,it’s either dead or alive or both.
不 不 我没忘 他把一只猫装进了盒子 在你打开盒子之前 猫要么死 要么活 要么半死半活
Although, back in Nebraska,our cat got stuck in my brother’s camp trunk,and we did not need to open it to know there was all kinds of dead cat in there.
尽管在我内布拉斯卡州的老家 我们家的猫钻进了我哥露营用的行李箱里 我们不用打开就知道 里面肯定装满了各式各样的死猫
Homespun stories, knowledge of physics and a bosom that defies it. You’re the whole package, aren’t you?
会讲家常小故事 懂点物理 同时还具有傲人的双峰 你还真是全才啊
Sorry I’m late.Uh, I got great news.NASA picked my team’s design for the deep field space telescope that’s going on the International Space Station this spring.
选中了我们小组 设计的深空太空望远镜 今春天就要把这个设计用在国际空间站上了
Howie, that’s wonderful!Congratulations!
华仔 这太棒了 恭喜你
It gets better.Someone has to go up with the telescope as a payload specialist,and guess who that someone is.
精彩的还在后头呢 安装的时候还要派一个人 作为装备专家上太空 猜猜他们选中谁了
Muhammad Li.
穆罕默德·李
Who’s Muhammad Li?
穆罕默德·李是谁
Muhammad is the most common first name in the world,Li, the most common surname.As I didn’t know the answer,I thought that gave me a mathematical edge.
穆罕默德是全球最普遍的名而李则是最普遍的姓氏 因为我不知道答案 但我觉得这么猜 在数学上比较靠谱
It’s me, Sheldon.It’s me.I’m going up in space! Technically, I’m an astronaut.
他们选中我 谢尔顿 是我 我要上太空了 严格来说 我是宇航员了
That’s amazing!
帅呆了
Hang on a second.NASA doesn’t have a shuttle anymore.How are you going to get up there?
等会儿 NASA已经没有航天飞机了 你怎么上太空呀
Oh, well, it’s really cool.You fly to Moscow, they take you out to Kazakhstan,and then you get into a Russian Soyuz rocket which shoots you into a low earth orbit.Or just sits there on the launch pad because the Kazakhi mafia sold the rocket fuel on the black market.
这个过程就酷了 你先飞到莫斯科 然后他们带你去哈萨克斯坦然后你再登上一个俄罗斯联盟号火箭 直接冲上低空地球轨道 又或是你只能呆坐在火箭发射台上 因为哈萨克黑手党 把火箭燃料都拿到黑市上去卖了
Are those Russian rockets safe?
这些俄罗斯火箭安全吗
Well, I mean, safe as it can be when it was built by the good folks who brought you Chernobyl.
切尔诺贝利事件也是这帮俄罗斯人弄出来的 安全性可见一斑吧
I’d like to propose a toast.The dream to go up into space is one we all share,and Howard’s making that a reality.We’re all very proud of you.Cheers.
我们大家来敬他一杯吧 我们在座的各位 都有登上太空的梦想 而今天霍华德 实现了这个梦想 我们都以你为傲 干杯
That was a lovely toast.Kudos. Thank you.
敬酒词说的不错呀 口头表扬一次 谢谢
Simultaneously, a festival of cloying cliche.You sicken me.
与此同时 你的敬酒词也老套得让人反胃 你恶心死我了
You’re really quiet.Is everything okay?
你怎么这么安静 没事吧
Fine.Just a little tired.
没事 只是有点累了
I hope not too tired, because I’m feeling particularly masculine right now.All systems go, if you catch my drift.
希望你别太累 因为我现在可是 阳刚十足哦 蓄势待发 你明白我意思吧
I always catch your drift.
我一向明白你意思
All right, well, something’s obviously bugging you. What is it?
好吧 你很明显是有心事 到底怎么了
I just can’t believe you signed up for the space program without even talking to me.
我只是不敢相信你居然 都不跟我商量就决定上太空了
Oh, I get it.You’re worried about me.That is so sweet.You know,
我明白了 你是在担心我 你真是贴心啊 宝贝儿
there’s a saying we have at NASA.What makes the right stuff so right is that it always comes home.
在我们NASA有一句老话 太空英雄之所以成为英雄 是因为他们能平安归来
Just stop talking, Howard.
你就闭嘴吧 霍华德
This isn’t the reaction I expected when I told you I was gonna be an astronaut.
我跟你说我要成为宇航员时 我可没想到你会是这么个反应
What did you think was going to happen?
那你以为我会是什么反应
Honestly? Sex.
实话吗 当然是滚床单
Howard! Do you realize what a big deal this is? What an honor it is to be chosen to go into space?
霍华德 你知道这是多大的事吗 你知道被选中上太空是何等的荣誉吗
Yeah, I get it. I just wish you included me in the decision.We’re supposed to be partners. We’re supposed to be a team.
我明白 我只是希望你做决定之前能跟我商量一下 咱俩应该是人生搭档 应该是站在同一战线的
I’m sorry. You’re right.Okay, let’s try this again.
对不起 你说的没错 好吧 咱重头来一次
Bernadette, an opportunity has come up that impacts both of us, and I’d like to discuss it.
伯纳黛特 我现在遇到一个千载难逢的机遇 事关咱俩 所以我想跟你商量一下
Okay.
好吧
I’ve been offered a chance to go up to the International Space Station for three weeks.What are your thoughts on that?
我被NASA选中 要去国际空间站待上三个星期 你怎么想
Well, first of all, thank you for including me in the decision making process.
首先 我想谢谢你 在做决定之前想到要跟我商量
Hey, we’re a team.
那是当然 咱俩可是一个阵营的
So, what do you think?
那说说你的想法吧
No.
不行
No?
不行
No.
不行
Why not?
为什么不行
Howard, my father was a police officer.We never knew from one night to the next if he was going to come home alive.
霍华德 我父亲是个警察 我们家人每天都提心吊胆的 不知道他晚上能不能活着回到家
It was horrible. And I don’t want to live that way with you.
那感觉糟透了 我不希望跟你以后的生活也是这个样子
Hey, my father abandoned me and my mother when I was 11.We never saw him again.
我十一岁的时候 我爸就抛弃了我和我妈 我们从那以后再没见过他
Oh, boo hoo, you’re not going to space!
说啥都没用 反正我就是不许你上太空

西拉斯的邻居们

Just then young Aaron came out from behind his mother’s chair,

正在这时阿荣从妈妈的椅子后面出来了,
and Silas offered him one of Dolly’s cakes.
西拉斯给了他一块多莉做的蛋糕。
‘Oh Aaron! ‘said his mother. ‘You’re always eating!
“嗨,阿荣!”他妈妈叫道,”你总在吃!
No, don’t give him any more, Master Marner.
不,马南师傅,别再给他了。
But he can sing a song for you. I’m sure you’ll like it.
不过他可以给你唱首歌,我想你会喜欢,
It’s a beautiful Christmas carol. Come, Aaron, let’s hear it. ‘
这是一首圣诞颂歌。来,阿荣,唱给我们听听。”
Little Aaron stood up straight and sang his carol in a clear, sweet voice.
小阿荣站直了,开始用清晰、甜美的声音唱他的颂歌。
Dolly listened with delight, hoping that the carol would help to persuade Silas to come to church.
多莉高兴地听着,希望歌声能有助于劝说西拉斯去教堂。
‘You see, Master Marner, ‘she said when Aaron had finished, ‘that’s Christmas music.
“你看,马南师傅,”阿荣唱完她说,”这就是圣诞音乐,
The Christmas Day service is wonderful, with all the voices and the music.
圣诞节的礼拜仪式棒极了,有各种声音和音乐。
I hope you’ll be there with us.
我希望你和我们一起在教堂。
And remember, if you feel ill, I’ll be happy to come and cook or clean for you.
记住,如果你不舒服,我很乐意来替你做饭,打扫,
But I beg you, please stop weaving on Sundays.
但我请求你不要在礼拜日工作。
It’s bad for soul and body, I’m sure. We must go now. Goodbye, Master Marner. ‘
我肯定这对灵魂和肉体都有害。我们得走了。再见,马南师傅。”

莱纳德与怀特的较量

You know who’s gonna be the bravest person in the Marvel Universe?

你知道漫画英雄世界里谁最有种吗
Whoever has to give She-Hulk a bikini wax.
能给女浩克做比基尼蜜蜡除毛的最有种 (超英雄 绿巨人的表妹)
You want to talk brave, how about Captain America’s undocumented Mexican gardener?
要说有种嘛 美国队长那位从墨西哥偷渡过来的园丁怎么样 (超级英雄 被视为美国精神的象征)
He’s not braver than whoever uses the bathroom after The Thing?
他比不上那个每次办完事后都上厕所的哥们
As usual, you’re all wrong. The bravest person in the Marvel Universe is the doctor who gives Wolverine his prostate exam.
果不其然 你们又错了 漫画英雄世界里最有种的人 是那位给金刚狼做前列腺检查的医生
Hows about the guy who gets a prostate exam from Wolverine?
那被金刚狼做前列腺检查的哥们儿呢
Now you’re just being silly. Wolverine’s never displayed the slightest interest in helping others prevent prostate cancer.
你这是抬杠吧 金刚狼可从来没表示过对帮助他人预防前列腺癌的有一点点兴趣
Hello. Yes, the elevator’s out of order; you’ll have to use the stairs. Of course you can.
喂 对 电梯坏掉了你得爬楼梯了 你当然可以
Pizza dates back to the 16th century, while the first elevator was not installed until 1852. That means that for over 300 years, people carried pizzas up stairs. Be part of that proud tradition.
披萨的历史可以追溯到16世纪 可世界上第一部电梯1852年才面世 也就是说在三百多年的时间里人们都是爬楼梯送披萨的 请继承这一光荣传统吧
I’ll go get Penny while that guy spits on our food.
趁他往披萨上吐口水的功夫 我去叫佩妮过来
Do you think they gave Wolverine an adamantium prostate?
你觉得金刚狼是不是有个金刚不坏前列腺呢
That’s a stupid question.
这问题真傻逼
We’re having a conversation about probing the heinie of superheroes. There are no stupid questions.
我们不是在讨论如何检查超级英雄的菊花吗 这有什么傻逼的
Yes?
找谁啊
Oh, um, is Penny here?
哦 佩妮在吗
You’re Leonard, right?
你就是莱纳德
Yeah.
对吗 对啊
Damn, it’s good to finally meet you, son.
妈的 终于见到你了 小子
Okay, I think a bit of context here might help.
有谁能给我补充点背景知识吗
Oh, hey, Leonard. I see you met my dad.
嗨 莱纳德 你见过我爸爸了
Oh, good. Context.
哇 好了 背景清楚了
Come on in, buddy. Take a load off.
进来吧 伙计 进来坐会儿
Oh, gee, Dad, Leonard can’t stay. He just dropped by to say hello. Thanks for stopping by, sweetie. I’ll see you later.
老爸 莱纳德没时间 他只是顺道来打招呼的 谢谢你过来 亲爱的 咱俩回聊
Bye. That was odd.
拜 真诡异
Are you sure you have enough comics? You’re going to be monitoring the telescope for 12 hours, and by my estimate, you’ve only selected seven hours of reading material.That’s even factoring in your difficulty in parsing American comic book idioms like “Bamf!” and “Snikt!”
你确定这点儿漫画书就够了吗 到时候你可得守12个小时的望远镜 而据我估算你挑的这些书只够看7个小时的 我还算上了 你纠结美国漫画书里这些俚语的时间比如”嘭” “唰”
Is that racist?
他这算种族歧视吗
It feels racist.
我觉得挺像的
Don’t be oversensitive. He’s calling you illiterate, not your race.
别太敏感了 他是说你文盲 又不是说印度人都文盲
Oh, okay. Good. I don’t need more comics. Howard’s gonna stop by, we’re gonna play.
哦 那就好 我不用再挑漫画书了 霍华德到时候会过来 我们会一起玩
Intergalactic Battleship and Indian Monopoly. I don’t care for novelty editions of Monopoly. I prefer the classics: regular and Klingon.
星际战舰和印度大富翁 我可不喜欢大富翁的新版本 我更喜欢经典的普通版的和克林贡版的
Actually, Indian Monopoly’s just like regular, except the money’s in rupees, instead of hotels you build call centers, and when you pick a Chance card, you might die of dysentery. Just FYI, that was racist.
其实印度大富翁和普通版差不多 只是钱变成了卢比 酒店变成了呼叫中心而已 如果你抽机会卡 有可能死于痢疾顺便告诉你 这才叫种族歧视
You’ll never guess what just happened. You went out in the hallway, stumbled into an interdimensional portal which brought you 5,000 years into the future,where you took advantage of the advanced technology to build a time machine, and now you’re back to bring us all with you to the year 7010 where we are transported to work at the Thinkatorium by telepathically controlled flying dolphins?
你们肯定猜不到刚才发生了什么 你走在去门厅的路上 一不小心跌进了异次元空间之门 来到了5000年后的未来 然后你在那里利用当时的先进技术造了一架时间机器 现在你是回来接我们去7010年 那时候我们就能被派到飞海豚利用通灵术控制的思维水族馆工作了
No.

Penny kissed me.
佩妮刚才吻了我
Well, who would ever guess that?
这怎么猜得出来
What-what kind of a kiss?
是 是哪种吻啊
A big kiss. On the mouth.
长吻啊 嘴对嘴的
Is it possible that she was going for your cheek and you moved and she accidentally got lip? That happens with me and my mom all the time.
会不会是她本来想吻你的脸的 结果你的脸一偏她就亲到嘴唇了 我跟我妈经常这样
She introduced me to her father, kissed me and then shut the door in my face.
她跟她老爸介绍了我 吻完我以后就当我面把门关了
Maybe she was trying to send you a message. You think?
也许这是暗示 真的吗
Yeah. “This man is not my father. I’m being held hostage. So I’m going to do something insane in the hopes that you’ll call 911.”
是啊 暗示”这个男的不是我爸爸 我被挟持了 所以我要做一些疯狂之举好暗示你去报警”
Penny kissing me is not insane. She used to kiss me all the time.
佩妮吻我可不是什么疯狂之举 她以前经常吻我的
Einstein defined insanity as “Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”By that standard, Penny is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
爱因斯坦对精神病的定义是 “翻来覆去地重复一件事并期冀得到不同的结果” 根据这个标准 佩妮病得不轻
I’m just saying, it felt like it may have meant something.
我只是觉得那个吻有些意味深长
Ah, this takes me back. Leonard obsessing about Penny.
这话让我想起从前了 那时候佩妮让莱纳德如此着迷
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love your new stuff, but once in a while it’s nice to hear the hits.
别误会 我挺喜欢你现在的状态 但偶尔听听你的痴情独白还是蛮有意思的
Do “Our babies will be smart and beautiful.” That one always makes me laugh.
你再说一遍”我们的孩子会才貌双全” 每次想起这句话我就笑得不行
Why do I bother talking to you people?
我真是吃饱了撑着跟你们聊天
If it’ll make you feel better, we rarely listen.
我想说其实我们根本没在听 可能你会感觉好点
Hey, can I talk to you out here for a sec?
能出来说句话吗
Yeah, sure.
当然
I’m starting to think we’re never going to see that pizza.
我有预感那个披萨永远也不会送来了
So you’re probably wondering what that was all about.
你可能在琢磨刚才是怎么回事
What, uh, the kissing and everything?
什么 你指你吻我那件事吗
Nah, women do that to me all the time.
没什么 经常有女人对我这样的啦
Yeah, okay. The thing is, I kind of told my father we got back together again.
好吧 实际上 我貌似跟我爸说我们又在一起了
What? Why?
什么 为什么
Well, you’re the first guy he’s ever really approved of, you know? You’re a scientist who went to college and you don’t have a neck tattoo or outstanding warrants or…or a baby.
你是至今以来第一个被他认可的人 知道吗 你是个上过大学的科学家 你脖子上没有纹身 不是通缉犯 也没孩子
What kind of guys did you used to go out with?
你以前都跟什么人在一起啊
Just guys. Anyway, when I told him we split up, he was heartbroken, and he kept bugging me,”How’s Leonard? Why can’t you get back together with Leonard? I bet Leonard never tipped a cow over on himself.” So to get him off my back, I told him we worked things out.
就是一般人呗 总之 他知道我们分手了以后伤心的要命 他总是问我 莱纳德好吗 你为什么就不能跟莱纳德和好呢 我敢说莱纳德从来不会惹祸上身 (tip a cow翻牛运动 美国农村的愚蠢运动) 所以为了让他不再烦我 我就跟他说咱俩和好了
Really? How-how’d we manage that?
是吗 咱俩是怎么和好的
What?
什么
I mean, did you apologize? Did you have to woo me?
你道歉了吗 还是你跑来追我了
Get over yourself. I whistled, you came running.
少做白日梦了 我一个口哨 你就冲过来了
Yeah, no, I don’t think so.
是吗 我可不这么认为
Okay, why are you arguing about this?
好吧 你干吗要跟我争这个
I’m just saying, if we fake got back together, that’s totally not how it fake happened.
我只是想说 如果我们假装和好 那也肯定不是这么和好的
Okay, whatever. Will you please just play along until my dad leaves?
好吧 随便啦 你能不能就跟我装到我爸离开为止
Hold on, you actually want me to deceive your father with some sort of sham playacting and kissing? ‘Cause I’m good with that.
等一下 你真的想让我用我的演技和吻功来瞒过你老爸吗 我可是这方面的高手
Penny, you out here?
佩妮 你在外面吗
Come on, honey, not in front of my dad.
拜托 亲爱的 别当着我老爸这样啊
Relax, I’ve seen you do a lot worse with a lot stupider.
别担心 我看过你跟烂得多的人干过严重得多的事呢
See? He doesn’t mind.
看吧 他不介意
So, Leonard, I’m taking your gal out for a steak dinner; you want to join us?
莱纳德 我准备带你的女朋友去吃牛排 你要一起来吗
Oh, Dad, that’s nice, but Leonard has to work. Right, Leonard?
爸 你真好人 但是莱纳德还要工作呢 对吧 莱纳德
Uh, I do, I have to work. But I’m gonna blow that off to spend the evening with my sweetie and her father, ’cause, you know, just the kind of boyfriend I am. Come here, you.
没错 我要工作 但我决定丢下工作来陪我的宝贝儿和她的父亲 因为我就是这种体贴的男朋友 过来吧宝贝儿
C-7
C-7.
Miss.
错了
How could that be a miss? C-6 was a hit, C-8 was a hit. Part of your starship has to be on C-7.
怎么会错呢 C-6中了 C-8也中了 你的飞船肯定有一部分是在C-7上的
Not if it has a hole in the middle.
除非飞船上有个洞
What kind of spaceship has a hole in the middle? A Romulan Battle Bagel?
什么飞船上会有洞呀 罗慕伦战斗百吉饼
Knock-knock.
敲敲
Oh, great, you made it. Come on in. I invited her.
太好了 你来了 快进来 是我请她来的
So, where’s the telescope?
那望远镜在哪
It’s in Hawaii, but Raj controls it from here. He’s hoping to see Epsilon Eridani dim, which would be evidence of a planet orbiting it.
在夏威夷 但是拉杰可以在这里控制 他想观测波江座ε星云 从而证明有行星围绕它的轨道运行
So we just sit and stare at the screen, waiting for something to happen?
所以我们就坐在这盯着屏幕然后干等吗
I did it with you when we rented the Note Book.
咱俩租《恋恋笔记本》看的时候不就这样吗
Yes, Gena Rowlands is a treasure.
没错 吉娜·罗兰兹是很漂亮
You’d better open up that bottle of wine or I’m gonna end up with swimmer’s ear.
你最好把那瓶酒开了 不然我的耳朵里就全是他的口水了
Excuse me. I can’t be drinking, I’m about to make an important scientific discovery here.
不好意思 我不能喝酒 我就要完成一个重大的科学发现了
What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine. How do you know that?
什么 伽利略的伟绩都是喝着酒完成的 你怎么知道
Well, he was Italian. It’s a reasonable assumption.
他是意大利人 意大利人不都这样吗
Dude, can you even open your mouth without spewing a cultural stereotype?
伙计 你是不是一张嘴就要一棒子打死一个民族呀
Oh, I-I’m sorry, Galileo drank Diet Sprite.
好吧 对不起 伽利略喝健怡雪碧
Look, you’re my best friend, she’s my girlfriend; you should bond. You know, like you and my mom did.
你是我的死党 她是我女朋友 你们应该培养感情 就像你跟我妈那样
Your mom creeps the hell out of me.
你妈吓死我了
Yes, but she’s stopped calling you Slumdog Millionaire.
是 但她不再叫你贫民窟的百万富翁了
I do appreciate that.
这点我的确很感激她
Here we go.
酒来了
I’d like to propose a toast. To science and friendship.
我想敬个酒 敬科学和友谊
Hold on. Wait. No, it’s okay, go ahead.
等等 等一下 不 没事了 喝吧
What?
怎么了
Oh, I was working with penicillin-resistant gonorrhea in the lab today and I was just trying to remember if I washed my hands.
我今天在实验室里研究抗青霉素的淋病 所以我刚才在回忆我有没有洗手
Thanks for the steak, Wyatt.
谢谢你请我吃牛排 怀特
My pleasure. It’s nice to have dinner with a boyfriend of Penny’s that knows how to use a napkin.
不用客气 能跟佩妮找的会用餐巾的男朋友一起吃饭是件好事
So not funny, Dad.
不好笑 老爸
Let me tell you about this one genius she was going out with, this-this fella Donnie.
我跟你介绍一下她之前的男朋友 那个叫多尼的家伙吧
Oh, will you please let it go?
你别再提了行不行
Donnie was gonna make millions turning farm waste into biofuel and selling it to the government.
多尼准备把农场废物转变成生物燃料然后卖给政府
A lot of people are doing that. Oh, see?
很多人在干这行 听到没
Yeah, but all Donnie did was mix pig poop with a little water and pump it into his mom’s Camry.
但是多尼只是把猪粪混了点水 然后就灌进他妈的凯美瑞里
Yeah, that’s great. It’s a funny story. Moving on.
真不错 故事真好笑 说别的吧
And Donnie was a rocket scientist compared to that boy who wanted to get beer pong into the Olympics.
要是跟那个想把乒乓球啤酒游戏列入奥林匹克项目的家伙比的话 多尼也算是个火箭科学家了
What was his name, sweetheart?
他叫什么名字啊 宝贝儿
Curtis, and I’m pretty sure he was joking.
柯蒂斯 我肯定他在说笑
I don’t know. That petition looked real to me.
我也不知道 他还递了申请呢 我看他挺认真的
Yeah, okay, I think this ends the ex-boyfriend portion of our evening.
好吧 同志们该刹车了 今晚别再提起我前男友了
Well, I’m just glad you finally found yourself a keeper.
我只是很高兴你终于找到了一位护花使者
Thanks, Wyatt. I’m a keeper.
谢谢 怀特 我是护花使者哟

印度电影音乐在巴基斯坦被禁

Indian films and TV programmes are hugely popular in Pakistan. But as a result of growing tensions between the two south Asian neighbours, Pakistan has imposed a complete ban on TV and radio content from over the border. The authorities have raided shops selling satellite equipment which can be used to watch the highly popular Indian soap operas and films.
The government has announced a blanket ban on any Indian content that includes soap operas,music and Bollywood films to be shown on any TV channels whether it is on cable, on satellite dishes or on FM radio or the other radio. So it’s a complete ban which was triggeredby heightened military tensions between the two countries and then as the first India bannedPakistani actors who were working in Bollywood or Indian films, they were actually asked to leave the country. All Indian content is now banned in Pakistan.

公司信贷业务 流动资金贷款

A: Good afternoon, Sir. You’re here to see about a Temporary Loan, right? The loans we offer are for purchasing income-generating assets. Is that what you require?

下午好,先生。您到这里来是要了解关于临时贷款的事项,对吗?我们提供的贷款是用于购买创收资产的。这是您需要的吗?
B: Yes, that’s exactly what I need. How about terms for these?
是的,这正是我所需要的。贷款期限是任何设定的?
A: Well, we offer 60-day or 90-day loans. The balance of the loan is to be repaid in full by the end of the specified period.
嗯,我们提供60天或90天的贷款。贷款余额需要在指定期限的截止曰期全部还清。
B: Is there any flexibility on that?
对此是否有任何的回旋余地呢?
A: Unfortunately, not.
对不起,没有。
B: OK. In my position, I think the best way to go would be for the 90-day loan. That would give us a little more time to sort out the repayment plan.
好吧。根据我的处境,我认为最好的方式是申请90天的贷款。这样我们就有更多的时间来理清还款计划。
A: Not a problem, Sir. If you’d just fill out these forms, and of course with necessary clearance, we can get you the money right away.

研究发现全球超过10亿人有高血压

On Monday, demonstrations protesting the presidential election win of Republican Donald Trump entered their second week, with thousands of students walking out of classes across the country.

周一,抗议共和党人唐纳德·特朗普赢得总统大选进入第二个星期,全国各地成千上万的学生离开学校走上街头。

The Los Angeles Unified School District estimated that over 4,000 students walked out of classes across the city in protest of the president-elect.

洛杉矶联合校区估计,该市超过4,000名学生离开课堂抗议特朗普胜选。

Meanwhile, officials with Seattle Public Schools said that about 5,000 students walked out of at least 20 high schools and middle schools.

同时,西雅图公立学校的官员表示,来自至少20所高中和中学的5,000名学生走上街头。

Tens of thousands of people across the country have marched in cities in mostly peaceful rallies since Trump’s upset victory over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton in the November 8 general election.

自从特朗普在11月8日大选中战胜民主党对手希拉里·克林顿以来,数万人在全国各地城市进行游行示威,其中大部分是和平集会。